ANDRETTA JONES, LMT, INSTRUCTOR
8 CE Credits | $225
In this level two course students will use the hands-on skills they learned in the level one course while working on patients in a hospice setting.
· Review the wheelchair/geri-chair sequence from the Level One course
· Identify unresolved feelings of grief and loss
· Identify personal beliefs, experiences and fears relating to death and the dying process
· Demonstrate the ability to be non-judgmental in the process of emotional expression and to work with personal process within a team setting.
· Understand, explain and demonstrate examples of the emotional intelligence required to work with dying persons
· Afternoon guest lecture
· Discuss and learn some less invasive yet effective techniques
o Attentive Touch Therapy
· Discuss and learn techniques that do not require any physical movement or body manipulation
o Music Therapy
o Aromatherapy Circle
o Attentive Talk Therapy
· Practice hands on work at a nursing home facility
Promoting yourself as a geriatric therapist:
• Senior centers, patient support groups, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospice and in-home care. The possibilities are endless.
• Review presentation binders from Level One
o Discussion on building relationships with activity directors and presenting your business to facilities to offer geriatric therapy.
*Prerequisite – Taken Level One Basic Techniques for Geriatric Massage