Andretta Brown - LMT – Instructor
NCBTMB AP #1361
11/4-11/5 9am-6pm | 16 Credits | $280
**Includes Online Learning Library**
In this 2 day workshop, students will learn the basic techniques for completing a Geriatric Massage.
Geriatric massage therapy for the active senior, the frail and the ill, takes on a whole new perspective. It is the use of skilled touch for specific conditions with the intention to improve the quality of life or to aid in a more peaceful transition.
• What is Geriatric massage?
• How does it differ from other modalities?
• Theories of aging and age related changes.
• Effects and benefits for the elderly and frail populations.
• Identifying the difference between age groups.
• Cautions and Contraindications for the elderly.
• Discuss the most common age-related health conditions.
• Practical hands on work.
• Wheelchair/Geri-chair sequence and supine/side-lying protocols will be demonstrated
Promoting yourself as a Geriatric Therapist:
• Senior centers, patient support groups, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospice and in-home care. The possibilities are endless.
• Learn how to create a presentation binder, build relationships with activity directors and present your business to facilities to offer geriatric therapy.