ANDRETTA JONES, LMT, INSTRUCTOR
16 CE Credits | $320
June 22 9am - 6pm and June 23 9am - 6pm
**Includes Online Learning Library**
In this 2 day workshop students will learn the basic techniques for completing a Geriatric Massage.
Geriatric massage therapy for the active senior, the frail and the ill takes on a whole new perspective. It is the use of skilled touch for specific conditions with the intention to improve the quality of life or to aid in a more peaceful transition.
At AMB Mobile Massage we work with all age groups. However, our specialty work is heavily devoted to the senior population. Geriatric massage has been proven to be very effective for patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s, diabetes, arthritis sufferers, cancer survivors, bed and wheelchair bound seniors and those suffering from a host of other conditions.
I received my advanced certification from Day-Break Geriatric Institute in Sedona Arizona, specializing in Alzheimer’s and Dementia patients. My goal is to develop and teach workshops/CEU courses aimed towards the geriatric population and their caregivers.
• What is Geriatric massage?
• How does it differ from other modalities?
• Theories of aging and age related changes.
• Effects and benefits for the elderly and frail populations.
• Identifying the difference between age groups.
• Cautions and Contraindications for the elderly.
• Discuss the most common age-related health conditions.
• Practical hands on work.
• Wheelchair/Geri-chair sequence and supine/side-lying protocols will be demonstrated
Promoting yourself as a geriatric therapist:
• Senior centers, patient support groups, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospice and in-home care. The possibilities are endless.
• Learn how to create a presentation binder, build relationships with activity directors and present your business to facilities to offer geriatric therapy.